NFI’S SUMMER FILM CAMP HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2-week, hands-on course about making movies.
- Experience a broad spectrum of different job-types within the film industry.
- Create and star in your own film.
- Get a special glimpse into the lifestyle and work involved in being a professional filmmaker.
- Over the span of two weeks, you will dive into making a film with NFI faculty. This includes script writing & analysis, filming, as well as casting and direction. Once the writing is complete, one script will be chosen to go into production and be filmed. This is a unique opportunity to make a film start to finish in a real-world environment.
You’re interested in starting a career in the film industry, and want to feel what it’s like to create and work on a film – well, then NFI’s Summer Film Camp is for you!
During this 2-week, hands-on course you and your classmates will create a short film from start to finish. Learn by doing: screenwriting, film shooting, lighting, casting, directing, and more!
At the end of the program everyone in the course will be a part their own movie premiere where your film will be screened in front of fellow classmates, friends and family!
If you’re an actor who normally works in front of the camera, this is also a great chance to quickly learn the other side to enhance your overall filmmaking skills.
Cost: $1,000 (Free for currently enrolled high school students with letter of recommendation from instructor or guidance counselor.)
NFI Summer Camps are limited to 20 students to provide a lot of hands-on experience and individualized attention. The camp spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Any student who participates in a Summer Camp program, and then enrolls in the nine month Nashville Film Institute Diploma program in the same year will have the cost of their summer camp tuition deducted from the total cost of their diploma program.
To register for the Nashville Film Institute Summer Camp program, complete the online application and pay the $100 application fee. Remember, the camp size is small, and space will fill up quickly, so complete your application today to reserve your space!
Acting is living life – in your character’s shoes. This boot camp is designed to let actors become accustomed to the auditioning process, quick script analysis, and completing a full scene.
The Actors’ Boot Camp is taught by NFI’s working-professional instructors. In addition to learning new technical skills, this program is a fun way to gain exposure and network with others in the Nashville film industry.
THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- Scene study
- On-camera: A to Z
- On-camera audition
Cost: $350.00 (Free for currently enrolled high school students with letter of recommendation from instructor or guidance counselor.)
Seats are limited to 20 participants so apply soon! The camp spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.